We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jigsaw puzzle?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
jigsaw puzzle?

I have purchased jigsaw puzzles in hong kong before, some plaza in MongKok. I don't remember where. It was nice there because they would give me the frame for the puzzle for FREE. I remember it is on the second floor, up an esculator, in a mid size shop that sells Moncchichi (the japanese monkey).

Does anyone know where this place is?

Do you know where to buy jigsaw puzzles that are imported from Japan? I am looking for Snoopy's, Winnie the Pooh, Disney Mickey and Minnie?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: jigsaw puzzle?

Please read the above post. Thank you.

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: jigsaw puzzle?

Think it might have been the Dragon Centre in Sham Shui Po (Sign posted from MTR). Saw a puzzle shop there with an amazing stack of puzzles including loads of Disney. Don't know anything about the Japanese monkey though.

The Dragon Centre appeals mainly to youngsters,has 1 floor with lots of little stalls, has a roller coaster at the top, and an ice rink! The frontage is all glass which gives an amazing view down onto the streets of Sham Shui Po, not dissimilar to MongKok.

Ring any bells?

Perhaps some expert locals can confirm?

Auckland
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: jigsaw puzzle?

I know which shop you are talking about and am trying to find the location of that shop as well. Yes they sell great puzzles and good quality ones. It is definitely in Mongkok not Shum Sui Po. By the way, the manufacturer of those Winney the Pooh and Disney puzzles are called Tenyo. You can check out their websites for the latest puzzles available.

www.tenyo.co.jp

4. Re: jigsaw puzzle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 31, 2009