We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know a good store to buy phones in HK

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
7 posts
Save Topic
Does anyone know a good store to buy phones in HK

I wanted an exotic phone that most likely can't be purchase through phone companies like Tmobile and such. I will be going to hong kong for 4 days in late May. Any recomendations for store?

Tin
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know a good store to buy phones in HK

I recommend Broadway.

Although there are many other stores selling exotic phones, and their prices may be little lower, I recommend Broadway because Broadway is very reliable. It is an electronics chain store with about 20 stores in Hong Kong. And they provide a 7-day replacement guarantee. Their store addresses are at http://www.broadway.com.hk/address.php

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,075 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know a good store to buy phones in HK

Tin recommended Broadway... he's right ,it's big chain store and reliable. But be ready to pay more.

I like CITICALL, they specialize in electonics (especially portable things), and they have the latest models, and you can bargain a little, sometimes they throw in extra battery, or charger. They have cheaper prices than Broadway, and they are also a big chain store. We buy there all the time.

USA
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know a good store to buy phones in HK

What's the address to Citicall?

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know a good store to buy phones in HK

Broadway and Fortress are both good but expensive.

Mongkok is a great place pick up phones but they are all grey imports. Lots of Korean/Chinese models you can't find in the UK.

IF you do buy grey imports, check that the phone works, make sure everything is included, charger, battery etc and that you buy an adpator plug just in case its differnet back home. Just be smart and you can find a good deal.

I picked up a older model Panasonic this month for about $HK500 as a backup phone - grey import, absolutely fine.

Hong Kong
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know a good store to buy phones in HK

There are many Citicall branches in Mong Kong and a branch in Central.

Details: http://www.citicall.com.hk/about_us.htm

Gome is another reliable and relatively cheaper shop for electronics goods. It's the largest chain store in mainland China. There are 2 branches in HK. One in Times Square (Causeway Bay) another in Mong Kok.

Times Square in Causeway Bay (7/F and 8/F) has all big chain stores (Tailin, Broadway, CMK, Fortress, Chun Yuen) for electronic goods so you don't need to shop around.

Anyway, I don't think the price difference for mobile phones in Tailin, Broadway, Citycall, Fortress or even Gome is that big. Usually they sell at the same market price. Even if you go to small shops in Mongkok, the price won't be cheaper more than HKD100. But you have to pay for the time and traffic. And you'll risk yourself of getting used (less common) phone or fake battery (not uncommon) in those shops. ^^