We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prudential Hotel & Park Hotel

Which Hong Kong hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Prudential Hotel & Park Hotel

Which is better?

Is it real that Prudential Hotel caters mainly on China Tourists?

To choose Prudential or Park hotel, how?

for a group of 8people travelling together.

Pls advise.

Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prudential Hotel & Park Hotel

Yes, Prudential Hotel is 80% catered to Mainland China's tour groups and business people from China. I see it EVERYDAY as I must past by the hotel everyday to get to work. The hotel is old and dingy and expensive for its value.

Park Hotel is a one of my favorite choices when choosing hotel for out of two guests. The rooms are big, and location is excellent, and it's recently renovated. It's not finished renovating yet, but the renovations don't disturb you during night when you are sleeping, and the renovations are mainly the outside walls....

Definitely choose Park Hotel.

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prudential Hotel & Park Hotel

I'm sorry to trouble again.

But, Prudential Hotel is directly above Jordan MTR Stn. Location-wise, Prudential Hotel stands a very good advantage. Could you specify clearly why should we choose Park Hotel?

I know it's still under renovation, does it means NEW hotel is GOOD hotel? Sorry, I was just wondering only.

Our agent gave us Prudential Hotel over Park Hotel, that's why I'm here to enquiry. Could you please give a very clear info of these 2 hotels? Like in security, facilities, location, etc.

And why is that if the hotel caters more on china tourists wont be a good place to stay? Could you say more or maybe any incidents?

Sorry for all the troubles. The problem is we just want a GOOD hotel (who doesnt want?) and we are in quite a big group. So, kindly feedback me again.

Thanks !

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prudential Hotel & Park Hotel

Prudential Hotel opened since 1991. The windows of this hotel are dirty, and behind the street called TAK HING STREET, about 10 new places opened for prostitutes. All these yellow signs are up already.... and a few saunas too. Prudential hotel is indeed above the MTR, and it is connected with a mall that's mainly targeted for teenagers and young 20s people.

Why it's not good when you have lots of mainland tourists in this hotel? Well, you might not know it, but when there are LOTS of mainland tourists in anyplace... it means, they are all very loud, they do not line up, they are always spitting their phlegm, and the hygiene level is JUST not up to international standards. There are definitely THOSE Mainland tourists who are SO wealthy, educated and well mannered that would be better than those of HK or anywhere comparable, but when you are looking at in general those who stay in 3 star hotels.... then they are tour groups "less" well mannered people.

They like to squat around public places, and do not say "excuse me" if they hit you while walking past.

YOu migh be at the front desk being served ... but one of these people will barge right into your conversation and demand the hotel representative to answer right away to their reqeusts b/c they are so loud, they usually get their way.

That's why if you are familiar with these manners of these kind of tourists.... you will understand when others post that certain hotel is targeted at mainland tourists... you know what it means. But, you have to understand, that's the way they are used to in China..... so can't help it.

Park hotel is newly renovated, and with big rooms. You can see the hotel review of this website... it has 3 reviews from recent travellers who stayed there.

I have guests who stay there almost every month.... and location is awesome, so much to see, eat, and excitement, and lots of tourists, and transporation is convenient.

This hotel is targeted for families. Friendly and pleasant staff.

Prudential hotel hasn't been renovated ... I don't think ever. The windows are disgustingly dusty and dirty.... and the rooms smell of smoke all the time.

That's my opinion.