We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

Which Chongqing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asia
Level Contributor
884 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

When searching for hotels in Chongqing, I came across 7 hotels listed with the word "hotspring" in their names.

Wondering if those hotels have natural mineral hot water in their property.

Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

Yes. There are 2 hot springs in Chongqing namely 'North Hot Spring' & 'South Hot Spring'.

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

chinatravel.com/chongqing/…

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

definitely there is no natural mineral hot water in the hotel, it is in the downtown, how can you expect there is natural mineral hot water there.

you can hardly bathe in natural mineral hot water in some hot spring resorts, let alone in the hotel .

Chongqing, China
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

there are so many hotspring in cq, the south or east hotspring is not bad, both outside, u can look sky while bathing, it's wonderfull, enjoy it

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

To petermen:

Why not ?

The hot spring comes from the subterranean heat and water underneath, what's the geophrapical difference between being in the downtown or rural?

Moreover Its not hard to build a hotel near a natural mineral hot water. And they do.

To weas3h,

well, as Petemen says some claims may not true.

But Chongqing is famous for her hotsprings, and If both expedia and ctrip claims a hotel have a natural hotspring, they do.

And large international hotels would more likely to cherish their reputation.

Asia
Level Contributor
884 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

Thanks for your all replies. I'll search for one which suits me & will check out those hot springs recommended.

Fyi, in a hotel in center Beijing (I mean not in far away district), they have a sign saying water in room is from the hot spring of their own hotel. I took a pic here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294212-d299…

P W
Chongqing, China
Level Contributor
11 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

some of the CQ hotels are actual Hot Spring Resorts build over the springs but there are a couple that are not quite as authentic. Check the address.

Need more information about specific hotel resorts. Ask

The better ones are naturally not downtown!!!

Asia
Level Contributor
884 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

Thanks for the tip. Do you think this resort is good?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294213-d153353…

Is it the name in Chinese? 地址: 重庆北培区缙云山北温泉公园内

From the internet, "Getting there: Jiefangbei, Shapingba, Nanping, Yangjiaping all have buses to Beibei, in Beibei ride the North Hot Springs bus to the park. Also you can take the Jiefangbei Chongqing Hotel shuttle bus directly to the North Hot Springs."

I'm wondering if it's easy to go to any resort/hotel with natural hot spring by public transportation. I can communicate in basic Mandarin.

Thank you.

Asia
Level Contributor
884 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

Did anyone visit any hotspring in Chongqing? Is there a decent one with decent price? I went to North hot spring today to find out they sell a hotel/resort room at 6,000 Yuan (not 600 Yuan) a night and a private hot pring pool cost over 300 Yuan。

Chongqing
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What are "hotspring hotels" in Chongqing?

I went to Ronghui Hot Spring(融汇温泉) located in Lishuwan(梨树湾) in Shapingba(沙坪坝) District for RMB118 per person last December. It is a good hot spring but very busy in the weekend.

Cheers!