We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight back to London

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
67 reviews
75 helpful votes
Flight back to London
Save

Hello,

We're planning to fly into London from Beijing next summer and the options look a bit grim. Cheapest flights leave in the early hours and are with Ukraine airways and Aeroflot (hmm) . More expensive ones have a 7hr layoff in Abu Dhabi or similar. Are there other ways of doing this? The price and duration are important but we do need it to be easy & comfortable - we have a 10yr old in tow. Never done long haul before so any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,532 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Flight back to London
Save

There are direct flights to London (BA). But I have no idea what price range you are looking for. Is this a one way flight?? If so, look at options for two way tickets with a very crappy return leg, like two stop overs out side main season.

Also the day of the week can make a lot of difference.

Edited: 3 years ago
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
25 reviews
24 helpful votes
2. Re: Flight back to London
Save

When we looked earlier in the year, there were plenty of options with good timings and reasonably priced - KLM, Air France and Lufthansa all had flights leaving after 9.00am, but all require a change of plane in Europe - but much quicker than flying to Doha or Abu Dhabi. If you want a direct flight to London, then, as well as BA, there is Air China and, I think, China Southern. I would suggest looking again at prices early in the New Year.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
51,543 posts
918 reviews
519 helpful votes
3. Re: Flight back to London
Save

I think that you are too early.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,532 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Flight back to London
Save

For flights from Eu to China the rule to wait in order to get lower prices does not always work. In the past I managed to buy business class tickets from Amsterdam to Beijing for the price that was about 50% higher then economy class. That was about 6 month before flying. Three month before flying I saw price had doubled.

But prices do vary over time. So better to check on a regular basis. As said, also look which days of the week are cheaper. Never check prices in the weekend.

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
67 reviews
75 helpful votes
5. Re: Flight back to London
Save

Thanks all

6. Re: Flight back to London

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 12, 2017