We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in Beijing with Children?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday in Beijing with Children?

Can you please help?

We had a fabulous Holiday in Hong Kong in July with our 2 children aged 11 and 12 years, and as we would like to see more of China, were wondering about staying in Beijing for 10 days next year.

Would you say that the Children would enjoy Beijing? We were rather spoilt in HK and stayed at The Langham Place. I have a very cheap deal indeed for The Holiday Inn, Beijing, but am unsure as to whether Beijing is a place to stay for 10 days and with children.

Any advice very appreciated - Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Holiday in Beijing with Children?

Hi again

I just noticed you were enquiring on another thread about hotels in Japan. Our cruise ended in Osaka after having been to Kagoshima and Okinawa. We travelled via Kyoto on the bullet train to Tokyo and so can recommend a very convenient, reasonably priced and child friendly hotel in Tokyo, particularly if you like to eat Asian food. If you want information on this we would be happy to help.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Holiday in Beijing with Children?

Wow - Thank you so much for everyone's help!

New Horizons - I was looking into staying to Tokoyo as well but could not find a room that would be cheap enough for the 4 of us. If you could help me on that, that would be great!

Thank you.......

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Holiday in Beijing with Children?

Hi again

Ok the hotel we stayed at is not what we would call cheap but then again your currency exchange is so much better than ours that it could be quite good for you. It is the Park Hotel Tokyo which is listed at No. 2 for Tokyo. Most of the Japanese hotels seem to assume that children don't need their own bed and so you need to book for children as adults if they want their own bed. I just looked at the hotel site and it is saying that they don't have quads. However we booked a Premium Twin with Sofa bed. It is quite a spacious room and could easily take a rollaway (if they have them). If not, by booking the Premium Twin you get two king singles and the sofa bed is a two seater lounge which converts to a bed. Although our grandson is only 8 he is tall and about the size of an 11. We think you could probably get 2 children in providing they are not too big. If you go with the twins rather than a King bed you will have more flexibility for sleeping arrangements. If you decide to go ahead with a booking I think it is a little cheaper to book directly with the hotel and they can probably be more flexible with your requirements.

The hotel is just as it is described on this site and it is just so convenient to everything. You can go from the hotel to the adjoining centres via overpass bridges and their are dozens of very nice Asian restaurants just a few minutes away. The Ginza is a short walk and Shimbashi Station which gives you access to the Yamamoto Line is nearby. You use a very modern underground walkway to get there. The cost of the breakfast in the hotel was more than we wanted to pay and there were two small coffee shops very close by. Also there is a McDonalds in the adjoining centre which is open for breakfast. The cost is less than half that in London when you work out your currency exchange and it is very clean. There is also a late night deli and a post office which allows money access up until 8 or 9 pm. I cannot remember if we used our Visa or Cirrus debit card. It is a very easy way to get local currency. Train travel is cheap and reliable. At most stations someone speaks English and if you just stand looking a little confused with your "London tube type map" someone will offer to help you. The people are very friendly and obliging.

Hope you decide to go because I'm sure you will have a great time. Three days was nowhere near enough and we're going to have to go back again.

Any further questions please ask. Bye now.

14. Re: Holiday in Beijing with Children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 22, 2009