We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top restaurants in Beijing

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arcadia, Victoria
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Top restaurants in Beijing

Hi from drought-stricken southern Oz.

I can't see a list of top Beijing eateries on the forum recently and would be grateful if you could advise me - I have a mixed group of Chinese and westerners dining in late November, preferably a cab ride from the Grad Hyatt, and am keen for it to be a successful evening.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Top restaurants in Beijing

I was recommended to eat at Hua Jia Yi Yuan (花家怡园) when I was in Beijing recently and it was quite a good experience. The restaurant is in a courtyard house on Gui Jie and we even saw a couple of weddings (Western and Chinese) there while dining.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Top restaurants in Beijing

The Red Capital Club looks fun and gets good reviews. We planned on going there and also to Fangshan Restaurant in Beihai Park, but they were both a bit pricey for us. We did the Quanjude Peking roast duck on Qianmen which was good (I'm not a huge roast duck fan, but the place is very famous - there's a few locations). The dinner I REALLY liked was a Hakka restaurant in Houhai called Lao Hanzi with a great setting and fabulous salt prawn skewers, foil wrapped fish and smoked duck. Here's a link to Red Capital Club:

http://www.redcapitalclub.com.cn/club.html

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top restaurants in Beijing

Well I would have to say that I loved My Humble House in the Oriental Plaza (office Tower).

4. Re: Top restaurants in Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, August 24, 2009