We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand hyatt vs peninsula palace

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rol
philippines
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
grand hyatt vs peninsula palace

I'll be travelling to Beijing on the last two weeks of December. Which hotel is better? In terms of facilities, room size, service and location. I know that Grand Hyatt is in a large complex with a shopping mall beneath it, does that mean that it will be more convenient to stay there in the winter than the peninsula palace? Which of the two has more restaurants near it?

London
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: grand hyatt vs peninsula palace

We are also having the same dilemma. We decided to book into the Club rooms at the Peninsula for the beginning of November, as it seems to have won several international awards, especially with Conde Naste. and Leisure and Travel. However, the photos of the swimming and rooms in Grand Hyatt are tempting.

The hotels are very near one another, just under 1 km apart so you will not have to far to travel to the same restaurants.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand hyatt vs peninsula palace

The Grand Hyatt has a subway inside of the same complex. While this seems like it would be very convenient in winter, do people who stay at a hotel like this actually use the subway?

There are restaurants in the mall with the Grand Hyatt, but not many are places you should eat--hopefully you are not going to Beijing to eat at the Rainforest Cafe!

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
32 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand hyatt vs peninsula palace

I'm still not sure whether i should book a room at the Peninsula or at the Raffles hotel...any thoughts?

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
32 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand hyatt vs peninsula palace

I'm still not sure whether i should book a room at the Peninsula or at the Raffles hotel...any thoughts?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grand hyatt vs peninsula palace

The Grand Hyatt is next to the Oriental Plaza - the biggest shopping complex in Beijing. It is closer to T Square. The Peninsula Palace has two gorgeous restaurants. It is well located too as I stayed next door and ate at both of the large redtaurants The Penisula Palace is very close to the action as far as shops is concerned. Either would be a good choice. If you stay at either be sure to go to a restaurant called My Humble House in the Oriental Plaza Tower complex. The distance between the two hotels is less than 500 metres so distance and location isn't really too much of an issue. Zoe's cafe, almost next doo r to My Humble House is the only coffee shop in Beijing where we found decent coffee, including the Conde Naste restaurants in the Peninsula!!!

You should also check out Lee Gardens Service Apartments which is right next door to the Peninsula Palace. For the same price you are going to pay you are going to get a luxuriously furnished apartment, with a lounge room, 2 bedrooms and bathroom, walk in robe, dressing room, laundry/kitchen, indoor pool, gym, children's room, brakfast buffet. Check out their website.

Raffles looks like a lovely hotel too, very impressive from the outside, probably the most attractive to look at - also well located for shopping and attractions. If you stay at any I would say check out the restaurants they all have to offer whne you get there.

6. Re: grand hyatt vs peninsula palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 22, 2009