We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3.5 Hour Transfer in PEK air. enough for luggage to make it?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
3.5 Hour Transfer in PEK air. enough for luggage to make it?

Hi,

Does anybody know how safe it is to check the bag in flying thru PEK airport?

I ll have a 3.5 hour layover there coming from IAH-PEK-TOKYO, flying by AIR CHINA, is it enough time for the bag to get transferred to my flight to Tokyo?

Any experience like this?

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Capital Airport
Capital Airport
Beijing, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,829 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3.5 Hour Transfer in PEK air. enough for luggage to make it?

More than enough. I once landed in Beijing and the time required to get off the place, clear immigration, get my luggage and get out of the terminal was 30 minutes. It is more likely to be one hour so you have plenty of time.

Mentioned in this post
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,044 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3.5 Hour Transfer in PEK air. enough for luggage to make it?

Behind-the-scenes baggage handling at PEK is quite reliable. Assuming your bag is checked all the way through to Tokyo, it will be on the onward plane before you. 3.5 hours is way more than enough for a CA -> CA international transfer which is all in T3-E, so you even have time to absorb some delays in getting into PEK.

Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,772 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3.5 Hour Transfer in PEK air. enough for luggage to make it?

Yes, by far enough. PEK requires 50 - 160min minimum connecting time, depending on your flights (domestic/international) and terminals (T1,2,3).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3.5 Hour Transfer in PEK air. enough for luggage to make it?

thank you for the answer!

5. Re: 3.5 Hour Transfer in PEK air. enough for luggage to make it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 16, 2015