We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Random Beijing Questions

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ny
11 posts
Save Topic
Random Beijing Questions

Have been quite a few times before, but have some question on things I have not done before:

1. Any suggestions for good restaurants to try with kids that are not adventurous eaters?

2. Boat rentals at the summer palace - anything we should know before we go?

3. Hutong tours - last one I did was over 10 years ago, suggestions with kids?

4. Curiousity - how much are foot massages now in the markets (something my kids are looking forward to)?

5. My 8 year old has seen the acrobatics show, will the Kung Fu show be too much of a repeat?

Thanks in advance!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,713 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Random Beijing Questions

1- your hotel

2- No idea, never tried

3- Go in late afternoon when kids are retuning from school and people are back from work and doing their shopping for dinner.

4- Not sure except that it will likely be lower quality and more expensive in a market. While I5- For sure would never go there myself for a massage, it is probably good enough for the kids.

5- For sure.

2. Re: Random Beijing Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, March 13, 2014
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Random Beijing Questions

1 if you want to try the local people's favourest restaurant i suggest go to some shopping mall .thereare lots of popular restaurant locate on the -1 floor. Chaoyangmen subway station U-town mall I went a lots with my daughter .

2 you no need rent a private boat . i tink you take the dragon big boat nicer than that and safe confortable.

3 rent a bike or walking

4you can go to some local people 's place do it . famouse is place call -- Liangzi or Huaxia Liangzi

5 acrobatic actually is really nice i think .i m sure you and your son will like it best i m tour guide everytime i take my tourist to watch it they feel so exciting .and i think it will be your best memory in chian trip .

Beijing, China
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Random Beijing Questions

1. Good restaurants: there are so many great restaurants in Beijing! I'm not sure about your definition of "adventurous", but you may know that most cuisine types in China, such as Shandong, Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian and Cantonese styles are mild and mellow, and almost chilli-free. Only Sichuan, Hunan, Jiangxi, Guizhou, Yunnan and Guangxi styles are chilli-rich.

2. Boat rentals at the summer palace - A nice choice! Be sure to prepare sun-blockers since the sunshine may be very strong on the lake

3. Hutong tours - the best Hutong tour is the Shichahai route, really pleasant!

4. Foot massages: the price should be RMB100-200, for decent shops. Better avoid cheap shops

5. Acrobatics shows and Kung Fu shows are different shows

5. Re: Random Beijing Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, March 15, 2015