We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Full Days Beijing

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
2 Full Days Beijing

Hi, I would be travelling to beijing and staying there for full 2 days and leaving beijing early morning 3rd day. I had a question regarding what I could cover in these 2 days. I would like to goto Great Wall of China, Tiananmen square, Forbidden city, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven. I am staying at Tiananmen Best Courtyard Hotel near Tiananmen square. I would be thankful if someone can tell me whether it is possible to do all the 5 places in two days.

Thanks

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Full Days Beijing

It would be very rushed. I would suggest leaving the Summer Palace as an option only if time permits. The question is, when exactly do you arrive?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,808 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Full Days Beijing

Rushed but no problem Start your days early. Do the Temple of Heaven then move on to the Tian'Anmen place then the Forbidden city.

3. Re: 2 Full Days Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, April 03, 2014
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Full Days Beijing

Ming Tombs are a complete waste of time. I wish TA would just bar all these self promoters once and for all.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Full Days Beijing

It is really a busy trip.

Just go the must-sees: Great Wall of China, Tiananmen square, Forbidden city, Temple of Heaven.

You would take a day on the Great wall, and visiting Tiananmen at night, and traveling the forbidden city and temple of heaven in the 2nd day. And leave other places for your next trip.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Full Days Beijing

yes it rushed but still available for all sites.

I suggest Day1 for Great Wall at Badaling then Summer place, Day 2 for Temple of heaven./Tiananmen squre/Forbidden City

Day 1: take Metro S2 to great wall as early as possible and go back around noon, afternoon visit summer palce. take the train ensure your time schedule not influenced by highway traffic. please refer to my post for Metro S2 to Great wall and Metro 4 to Summer Palace.

Day 2: for remained 3 sites, Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City are close together, temple of Heaven is in very short distance. I sugget you go to temple of Heaven first, it is opened very early, then to TianAnMen square, after that walk to North gate(Wumen) of Forbidden city, it should be opened at that time. in this sequence you don't need to take any detour, the 3 sites all located on the city central axis, from south to north.

7. Re: 2 Full Days Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:00 am, March 03, 2014
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Full Days Beijing

What was I saying about self-promoters? It's bad enough that they advertise by stealth but posting bad, bad advice as well is just plain irresponsible. The above are highly undesirable combinations and if this is what beijinglocaltour.weebly.com suggest then it just goes to prove how poor an outfit they are.

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Full Days Beijing

I will be arriving on March 10th at 6:00 PM

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 Full Days Beijing

I decided to leave out Summer Palace. We are on our honeymoon trip and beijing was one of the stop. I don't want to rush as we want to see other places in beijing too markets n other stuff.

Should I use the tour for great wall or just go by myself. If so what is the best way to reach great wall from Tiananmen Square