We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Camellia Kunming problems

Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Camellia Kunming problems

A warning for people booking on internet for this popular hotel, recommended by Lonely Planet. I made a booking via Needahotel website, and added a message that we would not arrive until 6.30 -7.00pm because of bus arrival time from Dali. When we arrived at 6.30 they still had the room available but would not honor the internet rate of 120 RMB and insisted the room would cost 200RMB They were immovable. As a point of honor we went elsewhere. We highly recommend the Spring Inn, also known as The Machinery Hotel, which is in in an alley off Bai ta Road, ( it crosses Dong Feng Lu about 200metres west of the Camellia Hotel location ) The alley is to the right, just north of Mama Fu's resaurant. The hotel has been refurbished, but rooms are lovely, it's in a garden setting, staff are helpful and speak some English. A room with a double bed and spotless shower and toilet, on the ground floor is 138 RMB including breakfast for 2.

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Camellia Kunming problems

Thanks for the tip.

We will be heading to Yunnan for a month and Kunming is on our list. Any nice places for a local meal around the vicinity of Spring Inn? Would really appreciate if you have recommendations for a local travel agent contact. We are a group of 5, so chartering a mini van would probably be the best option for day trips from Kunming.

Heard that the flower and bird market has relocated?? Is that true??

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Camellia Kunming problems

That's strange. I actually managed to get a twin with ensuite just about 1 week ago as I checked in at midnight, thus they gave me a further discount off from the (already discounted) price of 120 RMB. The staff (reception and the laundry service) were very friendly and helpful, even when I requested laundry service at midnight as I was checking out later that very day, so I couldn't wait till morning to get laundry done.

3. Re: Hotel Camellia Kunming problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 19, 2009