We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Wall day tour suitable for older Chinese people?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Great Wall day tour suitable for older Chinese people?

I'm going with my whole family to Beijing in April, and of course we're gonna take a stop to the Great Wall, but the younger members of the family are going to go for a more advanced route, while my parents only want a basic route. Are there are particular tour groups which would be suitable for them? I should mention that we are Chinese ourselves, so ideally I'd like to find a tour guide who can speak Cantonese or even Hakka, but if not then Mandarin will be fine.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,725 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Wall day tour suitable for older Chinese people?

Nearly everybody goes there without a guide. There is no need for one. You need a car to get you there though (with driver).

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,064 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Wall day tour suitable for older Chinese people?

Mutianyu. Easy walk, just make sure you take enclosed cable car up, go downhill. Some steps are tall, if they are really old, don't walk too far, can take cable car back down. No tour guide needed, waste of time and money.

We used Mark as Great Wall driver, he used a van for 9 people in my brother's group few months ago. Best price, excellent service, originally recommended by Jean-Pierre. Mobile: +86 135 8155 3100

http://www.best-our.com/. mark520bj@hotmail.com. He or his driver will direct you to the right cable car.

Beijing
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Wall day tour suitable for older Chinese people?

There are cable cars on the wall. It is up to you to walk how far on the great wall. So Great wall is OK for old people.

4. Re: Great Wall day tour suitable for older Chinese people?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 15, 2015