We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

I will be traveling to Beijing end of this month on business. I have already reserved my hotel at Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport. My business meetings are expected to start at 9 AM and end around 2 PM daily. Can anyone suggest as to how best I can utilize my remainder of the time on sightseeing ( Must see places - not too far thou ) and some shopping at cheaper outlets. Thanks.

beijing
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

Only the wall at Mutianyu, it is easier for you to go.

All the sites such as Fobidden City will be no tickets at 4:30pm.

Wish you a good time.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

Depends where your meetings are and whether or not you can get out straight away.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

The meetings will be held at Beijing airport and I plan to get out straight away.

Many thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

You should arrange a driver to pick you up and take you to Mutianyu.

On other days you can use a normal taxi to get into the city for attractions there. Your time is limited but not quite as desparate as #1 implies. How many days are you staying and how late do you want to stay out? Forbidden City may be a swift possibility. Lama Temple is easily managed followed by Houhai area into the evening. Temple of Heaven is a possibility followed by Qianmen and Tiananmen into the evening.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

Thanks Qupnicely for your swift replies. It's great. I do not mind staying till late night. I will be at Beijing for 5 days. May I know the taxi charges roughly please.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

Read the website: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294212-s304/Beijing:… for taxis, also familiarize yourself with the Things to Do section and Top Questions.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

Mutianyu great wall is a good choice and the olympic stadiums at night is colorful,or maybe some night shows,such as acrobatic show or kongfu show,I hope you have a good time in Beijing.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

Many thanks for all of you. Any guess as to how much will be the taxi fare from Langham Place, Beijing Capital Airport hotel to Mutianyu great wall. I know that the hotel taxis are bit higher in price and prefer

the other legal taxi's.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,089 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

Taxis prices are the same everywhere. They use meters and charge by distance.

In this case however you need to have the driver wait for you for an hour or more so you need to bargain some fixed-price arrangement. As a reference, if you were to hire a car and driver, the price would be in the 600RMB range. A taxi should cost less.

10. Re: Travel to Beijing for 5 days during end of Janurary 2014.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, January 17, 2014