We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Wall Ju-yong-guan

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
Great Wall Ju-yong-guan

It seems that the discussion here on this forum mainly talks about the Balaning, Mutianyu, and Simeiti section of the Great Wall. However, I have been reading the Hong Kong tour group itnerary and almost all of them say they will visit the "Ju-yong-guan" section of the Great Wall.

I would like to learn more about the Ju-yong-guan section. It does not seem popular here, but seems very popular for HK tour groups. Is there a reason for this? Thanks! How is the Ju-yong-guan section different?

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Wall Ju-yong-guan

All of the section of the Great Wall are different. I've never been to Juyongguan since it opened a few years ago. You pass it on the way to Badaling, so it is actually closer to the city.

I think Badaling attracts larger crowds as for a long time this was the closest section to Beijing that was open, and many tour groups go there out of habit. Some tour groups are probably switching to Juyongguan because it is a little closer and also might be less crowded (though I guess that is changing).

2. Re: Great Wall Ju-yong-guan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 15, 2009