We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beijing transit quick check

Sydney, Australia
14 posts
Save Topic
beijing transit quick check

Hi I arrive in beijing at 11:20 a.m with air china and leave again 8:30pm on saturday.

I have read the forum post regarding travel and looking at getting a taxi to the mutianya wall and then onto the city centre eg tianamen square, summer palace, temple of heaven and coming back by airport express train. Does this seem doable, will be max 30 mins at each place for a look see.

Sydney, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: beijing transit quick check

When is rush hour in that area please

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: beijing transit quick check

16:30-19:30 in general. Subway and train guarantees to deliver you from there to the airport in an hour. Taxi could be the same, unlikely to be much less, very possible to take longer.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: beijing transit quick check

And if you think "I know what rush hour is, we also have one in Sydney!" then think again... telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10… (which surely is a worst case, but you are well advised to expect the worst in Beijing rush hour).

Sydney, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: beijing transit quick check

Thanks to you both. Will make sure I am on the train.

Sydney, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: beijing transit quick check

Is there a taxi rank at mutianya wall?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: beijing transit quick check

No, no taxis, no buses, no trains. You might find some unlicensed cars looking for passengers but perhaps only locally. Aren't you already here?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: beijing transit quick check

The best way is to visit tiananmen square or forbidden city first,then mutianyu great wall since your time is very limited. the reason is the great wall is closer to the airport and it is no closing time。

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,027 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: beijing transit quick check

There is a closing time at the Great Wall.

19. Re: beijing transit quick check

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, January 09, 2015