We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest subway

Kuala Lumpur...
11 posts
Save Topic
Nearest subway

Hye,

I'll going to Beijing from 26 till 29 December 2013 and will staying at Beijing City Courtyard hotel at Dongcheng dist.Did anybody know the nearest subway station to the hotel?is there any other alternative for public transport to the hotel from Beijing airport at the lowest price?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,063 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest subway

The nearest subway is Guloudajie. Then you walk for a bit less than 1km.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest subway

You can take the airport shuttle bus, line 2 to Xidan, and get off at Andingmen West then walk but if this is the hotel I'm thinking of it is inside a Hutong area and perhaps tricky to find unless you are well-prepared. See Top Questions about arriving.

Kuala Lumpur...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest subway

Thanks ;)

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest subway

Beijing City Courtyard hotel is close to Bell Tower & Drum Tower, The nearest subway is Guloudajie.

It was reported online that from December 1st, 2013, airport shuttle ticket prices are based on the distance you traveled. A ticket costs 15, 18, 21 or 24 yuan, depending on your destination. The ticket price was 16RMB / person before the price adjustment. For price detail on different routes and stops, you can check it out with the airport bus ticket office.

Resource: http://en.bcia.com.cn/traffic/airbus/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest subway

I'm staying at this hotel too. Good to know that the shuttle bus goes there.

For returning to the airport from Guloudajie subway station via the Airport express, what time does line 2 start getting crazy with people? If we were to board the train at 6:45 with light luggage, would we be ok, or is it too late at that point?

Edited: 2:47 am, December 11, 2013
Kuala Lumpur...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearest subway

Im thinking the same thing too coz my flight will be during the working day.. :)

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearest subway

I think you'd be ok at that time but I guess you know I'd say taxi is the better option.

Anyone have the address of this hotel? For the one I'm thinking of (Liulisi Hutong) it's actually a toss-up between Andingmen and Guloudajie as to which is closer. Andingmen doesn't have any down-escalators, though, and only two entrances, both on the other side of the ring road.

The Shuttle bus from the airport stops on the ring road. This would be a good 10min walk, 15 from the subways.

Thanks for the update, Ricky.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nearest subway

The address is No. 14 Liulisi Hutong.

I believe on the way back to the airport, the shuttle stops at the Yongheggong station, which is further away than Andingmen. Also, not sure if the stop is well marked and might be waiting in the bitter morning cold for a while waiting for the bus to come...so that's why I don't mind taking the subway to the airport express with my little bit of luggage if it's not too busy that early in the morning.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nearest subway

It wouldn't be advisable to walk all that way to catch the bus at Yonghegong just to save a couple of dollars. Actually, I didn't realize it picked up there - but you're correct in thinking it's not well signposted.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nearest subway

Right. Now I know we're talking about the same place, here's a confirmation of directions walking from the shuttle drop off west of Andingmen:

First, you'll need to use the footbridge to cross over the ring road (up and left) and on the other side you'll see a pathway into a narrow parkway that runs alongside the road. You can enter this (more pleasant) or walk by the side of the road in the same direction as the bus was going until you get to the second side street. This is Beiluoguxiang. Turn left in here and keep walking straight down until you reach Liulisi Hutong, which is the 6th lane on the right.