We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

Staying at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing....we are going to Dadong for 1 dinner and having Peking Duck. Would like another suggestion for our 2nd dinner. Thanks!!!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,059 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

Are you limiting yourself to near the hotel? Around there you have Haidilao, the best hotpot place in Beijing (but better if there are 4 of you) and Lei Garden, a high end Chinese restaurant. For cheaper food, there is a restaurant across the street from the Peninsula - have no idea of the name but they have a lot of red lanterns outside.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

No, not limiting us to near the hotel, though after a long day, I am sure we won't want to travel too far...there will be 4 of us.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

If you want to have dinner at a graceful and old-timey Quadrangle restaurant ,I recommend “Huajiayiyuan”(花家怡园)。

There are performances of Sichuan opera turns hostile and traditional Chinese instruments everday evening (20:15 to 21:00 ).

Add: No.235 dongzhimen inner street,dongcheng district.(东城区东直门内大街235号).

Tel:64030677 .

beijing
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

Yaoji Style: Dongcheng District Gulou East Main Street No. 311;

DongLaiShun boiled meat: Wangfujing Street No. 141;

Beijing noodles with soy bean paste: anmen West Street No. 35;

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

If you want something high end. Check out Temple Restaurant Beijing. It's in a converted temple and TV factory. stunning location http://www.temple-restaurant.com/restaurant/

It's European food though! Not Chinese.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

No to European food....we want Chinese!!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

Okay, just a suggestion as the location is a Chinese temple and it's awesome.

Level Contributor
180 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

If you haven't done your trip yet, we just returned (NY'ers we are). Went to Dadong and it wasn't all that it's talked about. Very nice room and interesting menu. Service is borderline rude. Duck is good but being from NY I've had equal and better here. There are some excellent dishes and many of the items are reasonably priced. Four of us ate plenty and it totaled about $120. I would highly recommend Sunshine Kitchen, almost across the street from Dadong next to the Park Plaza hotel. Very authentic and local. Very clean and good service.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

We leave in 2 weeks....Figured we had to do Dadong....will check out sunshine kitchen. Thanks!

Level Contributor
180 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beijing- one more dinner suggestion

Oh, I meant to mention, in case you don't know, there are two Dadong's. One by the Peninsula, where we ate, and the other at the southern section of the Wangfujing pedestrian street, close to Tiananman Sq. The latter has much construction going on outside. Also, make reservations. We didn't but my NY persistence got us in.