We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
12 posts
Save Topic
Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

Hello

After two weeks I have to be At Beijing Language and culture univesity and I dont know wich is the best way to get there...I will arrive at the terminal 3 at the airport. can anyone explain the subwat itinerary that I have to take???

wich is the best way to get there by taxi or by subway? how much it costs either way???

Thank You

Evi

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,769 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

Six dollars for the metro??? The metro only accepts Chinese currency, RMB and it is 2RMB per ride.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,758 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

Conditions at BCLU are OK. It's got a reputation as a "party" place so there are a lot of potential distractions away from your language studies and you will have to exercise some self-discipline to maximize your learning.

If you're coming off a long international flight, I'd suggest just taking a taxi from the official queue even though it will be more expensive. The Airport Express/subway route will require 2 transfers then a final walk that could be a bit lengthy.

Beijing, China
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

But for the Airport line it's 5dollars for a ride ,so totally it's around $6

Beijing, China
5 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

2rmb for most of subway lines.but for the airport subwayline it would be 30rmb, totally it's 32RMB for you to get the university

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,769 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

No, the Airport Express is 25RMB, not $5. Again, only Chinese currency accepted.

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

Oh... scholarship. I heard the living conditions of Dorm 1 is very "basic". I personally haven't seen it myself but since you're a guy, you should be able to adapt easier. (No offense meant to women but some were intimidated with the large African population in the scholarship dorm).

As for being fun, I certainly found learning there fun. My Mandarin got polished within a couple of months. It's really up to the student in the end even if the school has a reputation of being a party school. I knew some students who never partied during their entire stay. The multicultural environment is really interesting and you get to meet people from all over the world. I think BLCU has the most foreign students among the universities that teach language. Professors were good too. Majority were good, only a couple were sub-par and uninteresting. Food is everywhere though western food is a bit harder to find in Wudaokou (good authentic western food that is). There are more Korean and Japanese restaurants abound.

Sorry for the OT. Just reminiscing.

12 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

about the meals cost do u have any info??? those are part of the living allowance (1400Rmb/month)? or thats a different matter? how much can cost 3-5 meals a day?

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

A typical Chinese meal costs about 10 to 15 yuan per meal. This is canteen food inside the school and some food stalls around it. A budget of 100 yuan per day for your daily expenses should be sufficient. It can be less depending on what you eat. There are food delivery services you can call. This is an alternative to school food. Costs about 20 to 30 yuan. For western cuisine you have to pay more.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

I studied at BLCU and I really didn't get on with the teaching methods - mainly memorization of huge chunks of text, and very few actual speaking classes. So as a result my Chinese sucked. But others, mainly younger students got on okay with their teaching methods. I assume the OP is quite young so will enjoy the "bright lights" of Wudaokou.

Justin is right - you can eat at the school canteen for about 10-20 RMB. The ground floor has the most basic, cheapest food (with the highest salt content in the world), and as you go up to different floors, the price and quality of food increases.

But back to your original question - just get a cab when you first arrive to save you hassle unless you are really trying to save cash.

Have a great time!

20. Re: Help Needed with Subways in Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 22, 2014