We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pollution

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
309 posts
337 reviews
Save Topic
Pollution

I understand that no one can predict, but I can find online readings of what the warnings are, but i am trying to picture what that means. I've seen all these pictures of hazy grey/orange skies and I don't quite understand how they both correlate (beyond the obvious). I read the more dangerous pollution particles are the ones you don't see. I am more concerned about my pictures than my lungs for better or worse. Can someone tell me what is it currently like?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,749 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pollution

How many years do you plan to be in Beijing. Just a few days? Then you shouldn't care.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
309 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pollution

Like I said it is not about my lungs, I just want my pictures to look good.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pollution

When do you plan to travel here? In general the pollution levels are worse in the winter when the coal powered central heating is in operation. Chances are you will have a few clear days while you are here.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
309 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pollution

I arrive Friday. I am super excited, I have been dreaming of visiting China since high school social studies!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pollution

The air has been pretty good the last couple of weeks, so hope we can offer you some blue skies! Have a great trip.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pollution

Use photoshop.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pollution

Shoot less sky

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
309 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pollution

Thanks catmog. I appreciate the information, that was exactly wat I was trying to figure out. Otherwise, I don't photoshop and I am pretty good with photography, but I appreciate your thoughts.

9. Re: Pollution

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 22, 2014