We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation options

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
transportation options

can anyone recommend how to move around Beijing as follows. We have a 2 year old boy and a stroller.

- From Jing Shan Park to Days Inn Forbidden city?. Can we just walk, or is it easy to take taxi?. I was planning rickshaws but I read they are scammers

- From Days Inn Forbidden city to red Theater for Kung Fu show. The shows starts at 7:30, what time should we take the taxi and will be able to get a taxi?

- From Days Inn Forbidden city to Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace. We would like to go by 8 am the latest. Should we take subway/taxi at this time?. I read it is rush hour.

- Also in the evenings to go back to the hotel. We would lik to be back by 5-6 pm. Would be easier to take taxi or subway?

Thanks

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation options

nobody?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation options

Don't use rickshaws.

You can get 专1 bus opposite the south gate of Jingshan Park to Tiananmen East subway station or just walk all the way.

In your circumstances, I'd advise trying to get cabs each time. I don't know anything about this theatre.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation options

Taxis are cheap and probably the most convenient form of transport if you have a young child and a stroller.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation options

thanks, but are taxis easy to find?. I read it is very hard. Do you just flag them or is thre a taxi stand?

beijing
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation options

l'm a tour guide in beijing,l can take you to visit by taix or l drive my car for you , it's not too much money

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation options

It can be difficult to get a taxi outside the big tourist sites, but in general it's very easy to get taxis in Beijing. To get a taxi near the main tourist areas, simply walk for 10 minutes away from the main tourist site and you should be able to pick one up.

7. Re: transportation options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 21, 2014