We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good vegetarian restaraunts in beijing?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any good vegetarian restaraunts in beijing?

Anyone know of any good veggie restaraunts in beijing - I don't eat fish or meat?

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good vegetarian restaraunts in beijing?

I have been to two vegetarian restaurants in Beijng: Gong De Lin, not to far south of Tiananmen square on Qianmen street. It is only okay. The place has been there forever--since before private run restaurants were allowed in Beijing.

Newer is Lotus in Moonlight. There are lots of mock-meat dishes, since that is the Chinese vegetarian tradition, but I think you can find plenty of other things order. This place is pretty good (not great), the staff are very nice. 12 Liufang Nanli. Phone: 6465-3299. Both of these restaurants have English menus.

The vegetarian website Happy Cow recommends several other options in the city, including some that are not Chinese food.

You can get vegetarian food in other restaurants, especially if you eat egg. There is a tendency to cook in lard, add minced meat or little shrimp even after you have told staff you are vegetarian, so patience is required.

2. Re: Any good vegetarian restaraunts in beijing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 14, 2009