We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layovers In Beijing

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Biloxi, Mississippi
2 posts
Save Topic
Layovers In Beijing

I am of the understanding that travelling on a US passport and flying on to another country, with China just being a layover point, that I can now spend up to 72 hours in either Beijing or Shanghai without a visa as long as I don't exit the city.

My question is, does this new rule only apply to one entry/exit or multiple as I fly thru Beijing with layovers on both outbound and return legs of my trip

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Layovers In Beijing

A layover is just that. Nothing to do with entries, as such, so you can transit without visa (provided you qualify) for up to 72 hrs in either Beijing or Shanghai as many times as you like.

Biloxi, Mississippi
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Layovers In Beijing

Thanks for the reply. Yes I believe I qualify, just didn't know if there were limits on the number of entries per year

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,292 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Layovers In Beijing

You can do it as often as you like

4. Re: Layovers In Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 02, 2014