We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prescription frames - luxury brands

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Prescription frames - luxury brands

Hello, just wondering, is it any cheaper to buy luxury brand prescription frames eg. Bulgari, Christian Dior etc? I normally pay out of pocket $550 au dollars after my private health insurance rebate. I have found in Malaysia there is not much difference in price for luxury brands, so is it similar in China?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,713 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prescription frames - luxury brands

Luxury brands are usually more expensive in China due to high taxes.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prescription frames - luxury brands

hi,mlogan,Bulgari exclusive shop in Beijing sell the handbag,wristwatch etc. except frames

.You can go to the big glass emporium,like Baodaoyangjing (宝岛眼镜)。There are 6 layers in all.It contains all kinds of glasses and frames.

Add:Northeast corner of Jinsong bridge(劲松桥), East Third Ring south Road,chaoyang district.

Subway:Line 10,get off at station of "jinsong(劲松)”,exit "Northeast(东北口)",

walk 90 meters toward north.

You can find the frames of Bulgari at 5 and 6 layers.

The price almost 3000-4000 RMB.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,064 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prescription frames - luxury brands

One general rule for these kind of items: it is probably more expensive, and if not it is probably fake.

Sometimes you might get lucky when older models are on sale. But you will find that also back home.

4. Re: Prescription frames - luxury brands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 20, 2014