We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

be aware of Tian'an men square talking girls.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
be aware of Tian'an men square talking girls.

I I remember saw a post that one American has encountered 2 good English speaking girls at the Tian’an Men square, and wonder whether they have good intention or not, however I cannot locate that post so I opened a new one.

I just read from the newspaper, that there are some girls hanging around the square and approach foreigners saying “how are you, is this first time visiting Beijing, how do you like Beijing” etc. Then they will invite you for a cup of tea or drink, to a bar which they have contract with. Usually the cost of which, is more than 1000RMB (USD 150), sometimes the cost is over USD 300.

Therefore, except the dirty fog in the square, that’s another thing to be aware.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
81 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: be aware of Tian'an men square talking girls.

After being approached on Wanfujing by several different girls who all spoke English, I got tired of saying no and simply replied," Je suis Francais" with my best accent. The last one laughed at me and said, "You're not French"...

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: be aware of Tian'an men square talking girls.

Just insist that they take you to Starbucks. Say that you only drink Starbucks and nothing else will do. They soon leave you alone!

13. Re: be aware of Tian'an men square talking girls.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 04, 2014