We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel translation please........

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel translation please........

Could someone tell me if this says...........

地址:北京市西城区护国寺大街125号

邮编:100035

Add: No.125, Huguosi Street, Xicheng District, Beijing

P.C.: 100035

It is the address of the Huguosi hotel which is the starting point of the tour that I am joining. I wish to be able to give the taxi driver the address in Chinese.

Any comments good / bad on this hotel and the area it is in would be greatly appreciated.

I was staying in another hotel, but it was changed at the last moment

Thank you in advance

Alison

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel translation please........

The Chinese and English addresses are the same. Probably not all taxi drivers will know it though it is just off of two major roads--Xinjiekou and Ping'an Jie--so it would help to have more directions or a phone number they can call.

The location looks good--a few blocks west of Qianhai lake which is a good area for walking around the lakes and in the hutongs (alleys) and restaurants. I prefer that area to anywhere else in the city.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel translation please........

Thank you so much for replying to my post - it's great to hear it's a nice area to be in. I will be on my own for one day before my friend flies in the following night.

Do Beijing taxi driver's sometimes phone hotels to check where they are ?

I am pulling this off the hotel website, so I hope it is the correct info.

地址:北京市西城区护国寺大街125号

邮编:100035

电话:+86(010)66181113

总台:+86(010)66182384 / 66138846

800电话:8008108846

传真:+86(010)66180142

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel translation please........

In my experience cab drivers will sometimes call for directions if they are unsure. They almost always have cell phones, though they might not want to make a cell call since they have to pay for it.

Your cut and paste includes several phone numbers--the last is the fax number. It's good to have a phone number just in case.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel translation please........

Thank you !!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel translation please........

FAO travellevret

I hope you have subscribed to this post.

Could you please take a minute to help me again ?

I have found Qianhai Lake on my map, but the streets to the West of it are not written on it (i.e not detailed) Liuyin Jie (North to south) Dingfu Jie (horizontally) and Prince Gongs' Residence (?)

Where is the hotel in relation to any of them ? It would be great if I could just show the taxi driver directly on the map.

Thanks if you can help !

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel translation please........

The map should show Ping'an Jie and Xinjiekou. The hotel is northeast of the intersection of those who streets.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
333 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel translation please........

Thanks for replying so quick. The map only has the 2 streets and the residence I mentioned on it (and the lake)

I looked for the streets you mentioned earlier in the threadm, but they are not on the map (Lonely Planet, Best of Beijing)

Any other ideas please ?