We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

Houston Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

I am looking for a reputable tour guide for China. Appreciate any of you to provide me a good reference.

Please, no indiviual advertisments

1. Re: Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:33 am, November 29, 2012
Edmonton, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

I would definitely recommend Laurus Travel, www.laurustravel.com, as the group size is small and they are willing to be flexible during the tour. The hotels are great, definitely 5 star and the food is great whether it is the food at the hotel or the food ordered by the guides. The guides are great they really know there cities and are enthusiastic!

We went to China in Sept. 2012 and visited the following cities:

Beijing - Chengdu - Lijiang - Zhongdian (Shangri-la) - Kunming - Shanghai

In each city we had a different guide who was from that city and new all the local customs and specialities and what the best things to see were. All the guides spoke English and were great at translating with the locals if we needed desired to communicate with them.

They also provided great tour vehicles with exceptional drivers who always new the best routes to get where we were going.

I would definitely recommend checking Laurus Travel out:)

Stefan and Tamina S

Edmonton, Alberta

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,689 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

Use the search box above and you will find plenty of recommendations. Pay more attention to those guides with multiple recommendations and with reviews from people with more than one post.

You can also check on www. synotrip. com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
91 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

I just came back and used Victor, who I highly recommend. He is really great and gave us far more knowledge and insight into life in China than we could imagine, and saved us a lot of time.

We were pretty self guided with him, but he is can provide more a full tour if required and no shopping or hidden destinations (unless you ask of course).

We ended up adding another half day with him since we enjoyed so much.

His email is chinapeace88@sina.com. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

You can find other recommendations from other TA travellers for him here which is where we found his information.

5. Re: Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, December 01, 2012
Adelaide Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

My wife and I used a licensed tour guide in Beijing called Sharon Yu. This was in October 2012. She is very reliable. She organised a one day private vehicle tour for us and a half day walking tour at a very reasonable cost. Her email address is <sharon9006@hotmail.com> Skype name sharon9006 telephone (0086)13811662097

Edited: 6:23 pm, November 30, 2012
Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
529 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

We used Lilly Fuwa.....look on this forum & you will see many glowing reviews about her.

She knows her history, can get you into the historic sites w/o waiting since she is a licensed guide. She had a keen sense for the pace we wanted to go & was fabulous with our son, who was 11 at the time.

Her father- in- law drives..he took us to the wall, or she is happy to show you around Beijing using public transportation. We did both. She is very much in demand & I felt very lucky to have been able to book her services. I contacted her 6 months before our trip.

If you p.m. me I can give you her email address.....she has given me permission to share it here.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

Actually, we just finished our 3 day tour with Catherine Lu. She guided us through Beijing as per agenda and provided excellent transporation and driver. The excursions met our expectations and were well planned, but flexible. She is professional, smart, funny and kind. She speaks excellent English and has a great personality. We would highly recommend her and her tour service. Good Luck and enjoy your stay!

9. Re: Looking for a Reputable Tour Guide

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, December 17, 2013