We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with finding reputable tour company

Silverhill...
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Help with finding reputable tour company

Please do not tell me to go to the search box, I have been down that rabbit hole and it is getting me lost.

I have found a tour that I like with Beijing Holiday (Beijing Guilin Luxury Hightlights Tour) but I am not finding much information about them.

I would like my tour to last 8-11 day (travel days to states included). My points of interest are: Great Wall, Elephant Trunk Hill (Roll Tide), Reed Flute Cave, Rice Terrace, River Cruise.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Denise

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Help with finding reputable tour company

Like Bowiememe, my family and I (3 adults) will be using China Odyssey

Tours. We'll be leaving in a week's time to visit Beijing, Guilin and Shanghai on a 9-day trip. Looking forward with great confidence to an enjoyable holiday.

Timmins, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Help with finding reputable tour company

Bowiememe,

I am looking at China Odyssey now... I sent them an inquiry, will see...

It sounds appealing - independent trip - we can select departure date and adjust itinerary to our taste. GAP used to have this type of trips but not any longer...

Which China Odyssey trip did you do?

Can you post link to your trip report if you wrote one?

Thank you very much,

P

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
158 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Help with finding reputable tour company

We are doing pretty normal 1st time to China. Oct. 14 we have meet at airport and take us to hotel. Oct. 15-17 City tours, Great Wall, temples, all normal with Peking Duck dinner, acrobatic show, Oct. 18 transfer to airport to fly to Xi an. Have meet and city tour with Oct. 19 Terra Cotta Warriors and dumpling dinner and Tang Dynasty show. Oct. 20 transfer to airport for flight to Guangzho and then on to Bangkok. Using Wandeetours.com in Bangkok for 5 days before we go on the Diamond Princess for 16 day cruise. Our whole trip is 29 days long. I put together what I thought we wanted to do. I booked all flights online. I booked the cruise with a discount agent that I have used for 25 trips. I booked the hotels (except for Xi an where Odyssey booked it at Sofitel Remeni Square) on a cancel able basis on line. At 14 days I prepaid for lowest rate. Several nights were point rooms from other travel. We are 3 travelers and find that guide and car driver makes the trip so much more fulfilling. No time lost trying to find the right place, then parking or entrance. We are dropped at entrance -- see what we want and then car picks up and on we go. This is maybe the 10th or 12th country we have done trips like this and all have worked in a wonderful way. I have communicated so much with company or guide that I have a high level of trust and it allows "Plan B" if crowds or traffic jam and the guide solves problems like ATM (takes us to his known bank) and food can trust and bathrooms!!!! He knows the "good hotels" and where to find the loo -- important information sometimes.

24. Re: Help with finding reputable tour company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, October 27, 2012
Silverhill...
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Help with finding reputable tour company

I have sent a request to China Odyssey for information. I have added the Panda Experience and Mt. Huangshan to my to-do list.

Teresa967, please post a trip report when you get back.

To the person that InBoxed me with a offer of services....umm.. DON'T DO THAT! I want advise and experiences from fellow travelers not you.

Thank you to everyone that has replied. I feel confident with the reviews I have read for China Odyssey. I really like that the tours can be customized to my preferences.

Anyone have any airline tips?

26. Re: Help with finding reputable tour company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 14, 2013