We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need a Visa?

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea
Level Contributor
345 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Do I need a Visa?

Hi I am travelling to Beijing in January and been told I need to sort out a visa before I travel. If correct can someone tell me where from and what I need to do please? Thanks

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do I need a Visa?

You almost certainly need a visa--you can get information on the Chinese Embassy website. In some countries at least, it is necessary to either go to the Consulate or Embassy in person or use a visa agency.

For a tourist visa, you will need to complete a form, pay a few, enclose a passport-type photo, and possibly need to include receipts from round-trip airfare to and from China, include confirmed hotel reservation and possibly a letter from a travel agency. Business or family-visits require different visas and different documents. These rules vary by country and change frequently, so you really need to start with either the Embassy website or a visa agent in your country of residence.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,513 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do I need a Visa?

Yes. Visa required.....

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,640 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do I need a Visa?

Hi there,

Yes, you most certainly do. This link may be helpful:

http://www.visaforchina.org/LON_EN/

There may be also be an agent in Swansea who can get a visa on your behalf, this will cost you more though.

Swansea
Level Contributor
345 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do I need a Visa?

Thank you all! Im on the case!

5. Re: Do I need a Visa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, December 14, 2013