We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijin - Dalian quick train

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atyrau, Kazakhstan
2 posts
Save Topic
Beijin - Dalian quick train

Hi everyone,

We are planning to go Dalian for medical treatment at the end of September.

Flight links are Almaty - Beijing - Dalian with short stop in the Chinese capital for quick sightseeing (couple of days)

My question is can I change last segment of the trip from Beijing to Dalian to train neither than air plain. It would be much more comfortable to observe Chinese interesting places through window than to make short flight.

Maps tells me that it is only 800 km and fast train could make this distance in few hours.

If trains are available then what are they (fast, slow, comfortable or not). I believe that chinese infrastructure is good enough.

Thanks in advance,

Edited: 5:47 am, August 19, 2011
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijin - Dalian quick train

Only overnight trains to Dalian - about 11hrs - no guarantee of getting tickets and nothing to see. Give me a flight any day.

Atyrau, Kazakhstan
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijin - Dalian quick train

Well It is hard to say now when we don't have even visa))))

I will report closer to the date of travel if you don't mind.

Thx,

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beijin - Dalian quick train

???

4. Re: Beijin - Dalian quick train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 12, 2012