We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please recommend a driver for Beijing

Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Please recommend a driver for Beijing

My husband and I would like to hire driver for half a day while we are in Beijing (brief stop (1.5h) at the Great Wall on our way to the airport).

I was hoping to get a recommendation for a reputable driver, hopefully one who speaks at least a little English.

Thank you in advance.

21. Re: Please recommend a driver for Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:33 am, November 29, 2012
Tennessee
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Please recommend a driver for Beijing

We recently spent two days in Beijing (Nov 10-11, 2012) .Prior to our arrival we had contacted a private tour guide, "Fortunate Jack" (fortunatejack@126.com). I was a little apprehensive going to Beijing on our own, and felt so much more relaxed having Jack be our guide. He proved to be great resource for our trip. It was wonderful to have Jack be available to drive us around and be our interpreter for us. He was reliable, prompt and knowledgeable. He is also a safe driver, which can be very challenging in Beijing.

He took us to the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace and several different restaurants for local meals. He was terrific and made our trip fun, relaxed and safe!

The Lakes
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Please recommend a driver for Beijing

We're just about to finish five days in Beijing and we used Victor as a driver (chinapeace88@sina.com) based upon reviews that we received on trip advisor. I can't recommend Victor enough, he has been reliable throughout our stay, fairly priced and his English is very good.

We've stopped for lunches at tasty restaurants. He was even kind enough to loan us some cash when we didn't have enough on us to purchase tickets for the high speed train to Shanghai.

24. Re: Please recommend a driver for Beijing

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:56 am, December 08, 2013
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Please recommend a driver for Beijing

Hi All, just wanted to add a quick note about Victor the Beijing driver (chinapeace88@sina.com). My husband and I booked him for the day based on his good reviews on trip advisor and he was so great I wanted to make sure to post about him. He replied to all my emails extremely quickly, was very flexible with the itinerary, and made great suggestions for the day (ask him to take you to the Mongolian restaurant if you find yourself near the Summer Palace). He was very kind and knowledgable and we really enjoyed our day with him. His car is clean and comfortable, speaks perfect English, he drove very safe, and also provided water for us in the back seat. We will definitely be hiring Victor again when we find ourselves in Beijing. Please message me if you have any questions about this driver!

Level Contributor
181 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Please recommend a driver for Beijing

As others have mentioned in other posts, Mark is a very good person to contact. mark520bj@hotmail.com

He wasn't available for our trip to Mutianyu but he set us up with Sun, a wonderful gentleman who drove us. I can't say enough wonderful things about Sun and thanks to Mark for setting us up with him.

海外
Level Contributor
11 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Please recommend a driver for Beijing

Hello,

My husband and I are going to Beijing in November 2013. I was wondering if you ever found a good English speaking reliable cab driver to take you to GW. My husband will be working for two week and one weekend (saturday and sunday) we plan to do the sightseeing. I thought hiring a taxi rather than organizing everything by ourselves might be convenient and we will be able to see more? Do you have any opinion about it? I wanted to take a train to GW but since both of us don't speak Mandarin, I think it might be challenging.

28. Re: Please recommend a driver for Beijing

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:24 am, October 01, 2014