We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

Adelaide
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

Does anyone know the address of Dong Wu Silk Factory in Beijing? I understand that it's not far from the Pearl Market (NOT Silk MARKET).

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,231 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

I have heard of a dongwu silk museum that is supposed to be near the Olympic stadium (which is no way near pearl market).

And I doubt that there is a factory near pearl market at all.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

Thank you, my friend.... I'm sure you are right about the general location. Several people have spoken about the factory's proximity to the Stadium. i guess I'll have to talk to taxi-drivers (in my bad Mandarin) about factory near the stadium. How did you get to know so much about the area?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,689 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

This is one of those shopping stops that tours take you to. I din't have the address but here is the phone number: 010-62063630 and email: dwsilk@163.com

worldwide
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

JP,

I want to take my kids to see the process of the silkworms to silk products. Would this or other tourist shopping factory stops offer this type of education.

I read that the silk museum in Suzhou is old and don't have live silkworms in their displays.

We are visiting Beijing, Shanghai and Suzhou and which is the best place to see the silk making process.

Thanks,

J

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
627 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

i had been in quite a few of these tours. they were more interested in selling their products than to show you how the product was made. i would say you could be disappointed if your expectation is too high.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,689 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

I agree with the comment above. You will likely be disappointed. I have only been to the one in Suzhou and it is no big deal.

Asia
Level Contributor
918 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

Very interesting to look at the worm and how the staff pull a big white durable net but when it comes to ready-made clothes sold there, clothes just look like nylon to me. The stuff for bed room looks nice though.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

1-3 Beijing National Park Road

Hove, United Kingdom
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

Can you give me the address and correct web page or phone number as I bought a duvet there and interested in another purchase.

Benllech, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dong Wu Silk Factory, Beijing

I was at this factory earlier this month, June 2011. Hope it helps, it is at :

No 1-3 Beijing National Park Road, Tel +86-10-62063630