We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ctrip.com ?

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Ctrip.com ?

Have not heard of this company before. Anyone used it and was there any problem with bookings. They have a lot of cheaper prices than other accom online company's.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ctrip.com ?

Ctrip is a large company and has a good reputation. I have used then both for hotel bookings and Chinese domestic airline bookings. Have not had a problem & their service has always been good.

The other Chinese brand online booking companies you will come across are www.elong.net or www.travelzen.com They are both good as well.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,768 posts
2,125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ctrip.com ?

I used CTrip to book all my hotels on my recent trip to China. They were great to deal with and I found them with the cheapest prices with the added benefit that you dont pay until you arrive at the hotel. Any enquiries I had I emailled them and had a reply back promptly.

If you use the search facility on this forum you will find previous threads on this topic.

Tommo

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ctrip.com ?

Thanks peoples,

This company then WILL save me a $ or 2.

ta

Wai.

Yangshuo
Level Contributor
323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ctrip.com ?

Ctrip.com ( 携程旅游网) is the biggest Flight & Hotel booking online company(domestic) in China at present. You can trust them without doubt.Besides,elong.com is the second biggest Flight & Hotel booking online company(The branch company of Expedia in China),Travelzen.com also an authentic company provide Flights and Hotel booking online based in HK.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ctrip.com ?

Thanks Jackzhou.

Wai

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ctrip.com ?

It is also easy to book airfares, often at the same price to what you find online, when you arrive in China through your hotel or hostel travel desk. However, you might find the cheapest tickets sold out if you do this.

Mentioned in this post
nyc
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ctrip.com ?

Hi, I am in Shanghai as I write this and found myself looking for a hotel. THe good thing about ctrip is they have a skype which you can speak with an actual person in real time. Their English is pretty good. I had two hotels in mind and needed clarification about whether the picture matched the rate and to make sure it was no smoking..no smoking in China often means, someone is not presently smoking in the room. they got on the phone with the Hotel while I was on hold and asked the hotel directly . They reserved the room, made sure it matched the description and sent me a txt that no smoking was my room. Plus, I could cancel a day before I showed up without penalty if I had to. This was put to the test when our plans changed. NO charge as they said. THe only thing you have to realize is that the first price quoted is not the final price. WHen you hit select you see the taxes and 15% surcharge - you can Skype them at that point to find out if this truly the total.

They are reputable Agoda.com has good room rates but they won't lift a finger to find out anything besides what is posted on their website. They only say you can make a request or a "strong" request. So, if you see a room rate, click on more info and see a picture, Agoda will not confirm that you are getting what you pay for . ALso a lot of room rates say double bed/twin. If you are traveling with someone you aren't married to and need a twin bed, you need to KNOW it is a twin bed arrangement. Agoda won't help to find out what room you will actually get. Plus, their 24/7 chat takes FOREVER to load and for anyone to get on the line and you wait literally 10 minutes before they respond and EVERY SINGLE TIME whoever I got only parrotted what the website - the chat person and myself had exactly the same information and each and every chat person only repeated what I could read myself on the website description. annoying to say the least. If there isnothing to clarify and you really don't care, then Agoda is fine.

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,790 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ctrip.com ?

A lot of on line booking services add the taxes & fees near the end of the transaction. Very frustrating. It would make it easier for everyone if the price displayed is the final cost. Wotif & Travelzen always show the cost as including all taxes & fees. I wish all the sites would.

Mamasing, I find CTrip's customer service exemplary too. They actually called me long distance to Australia to clarify something I requested in my hotel booking which was very good. Not an email - a phone call with a real live person LOL.

I also like the fact that you can cancel the day before you arrive. A lot of booking services do not do this. I can think of several that once you book you prepay and it is non changeable & non refundable. With CTrip you pay the hotel direct on checkout in most cases.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ctrip.com ?

Hm. Annieandhamish, I used Whatif early this year and they hid there fee till the end of booking. Quized the price when I got to motel and was told their normal rate, after taking Whatifs extra of, cheaper. The motel also said they do not get money for a couple of months. I continued my stay with them and at their normal fee not Whatif's for another week. Shall not use Whatif again. Have used Expedia a lot in the past, their price is up front. Saying this they are now charging quite a lot for their service so have done a lot of direct to hotel bookings. CTRIP looks good, some tarriffs same as others but some are a lot cheaper. So thanks all for your comments on this company. I shall book my China accom with them.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ctrip.com ?

annie is correct they will call international to confirm - but only if you have an additional request. otherwise they have not called. noting i joined in china and not outside - if that makes a difference.

they are not the cheapest site for hotels. i have always found some high standard, brand name hotel sites to be about 20% or more cheaper.