We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourist visa???? china.

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
tourist visa???? china.

i go to Beijing in august this year on a 10 day holiday with my girlfriend, do we require visas to enter the country?? if so do we need to apply for them prioir to our visit. or can you get them on the plane? how much do these cost too??

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,318 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tourist visa???? china.

google search: chinese embassy london

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,055 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tourist visa???? china.

You need to get them before you leave. Google the embassy as suggested above.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tourist visa???? china.

The visa service is now outsourced. You can get all the info here: www.visaforchina.org.uk/visaen/visaView.html…

There are a lot of other services who will offer to get your visa for you but you will end up paying substantially more than the official fees.

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tourist visa???? china.

you can apply in person at the Manchester consulate without paying any extra fees.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tourist visa???? china.

The consulates only accept applications from residents within their catchment areas so check the websites first.

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tourist visa???? china.

Very true:

See …chineseconsulate.org/eng/…t318211.htm

Los Angeles...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: tourist visa???? china.

Qupnicely and drumbrake,

That isn't necessarily true. In the US anyway, they claim they can only process visas for residents of that region(as in New York Consulate can only process for NY, NJ, PA, CT, etc.). However, I was able to get my visa processed at the New York Consulate despite being a resident of California.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tourist visa???? china.

A relative of mine was turned away from Manchester consulate last year because of the address given on the application form.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tourist visa???? china.

Coming from an European country you need the following documents to get a visum:

- confirmed flight schedule to and from China

- confirmed booking from the hotel you stay

or a formal letter from a Chinese tour

company

In the past email print outs were sufficient, but now they request formal letters. I know that sometimes they are less strict, but that can change day by day. So it is better to be on the safe side.

Here in Holland I have seen that people were send away, because they only had the emails.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tourist visa???? china.

How about trying a travel agent that specialize in China Tour, I was able to get all four visas for our visit to China through a travel agent here in Manitoba even though my son who is living in Vancouver should have his done in Vancouver. I did not need any letter or ticket to get it done. But it could be different for different city.