We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Beijing in mid October

Toronto
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Beijing in mid October

What is the temperature like in Beijing in mid October? Is it cold? Just wondering whether we should bring some coats and jackets. We are going to be there in October.

Are the shops open from 5 and 6 October. I read that it is a national holiday on October 1 in China.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Beijing in mid October

October is one of the best months to visit Beijing in terms of weather--it is not too hot or too cold. It would be advisable to bring on jacket or warm layer. My guess is that it should be somewhat warmer than Toronto at the same time of year.

The National Day holiday is about a week from Oct 1. Tourist sites and shops are open, but can be very crowded. While it is interesting to see the crowds in Tiananmen square, it is best to avoid Badaling Great Wall during that week--you can visit a more distant section or put those off until the holiday is over.

Toronto
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Beijing in mid October

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it.

3. Re: Weather in Beijing in mid October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:26 pm, September 25, 2005