We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prime Hotel - Beijing

Which Beijing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saipan
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prime Hotel - Beijing

For those that have stayed at the Prime Hotel in Beijing, please let me know if they have a website of their own where I can book a room and check on other amenities directly? I did a search and came up with www.primehotel.com, but was only sent to a page saying their domain name is for sale. Plus, any advise on booking a "superior" vs. a "deluxe" room would be appreciated. What are the pros by spending a few more bucks. Also any tips on the easiest and ideally still halfway cost-effective way to get from the airport to the Prime Hotel is needed. Should this be dealt with at the airport or booked beforehand with the hotel? Thanks, dongboo@saipan.com

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prime Hotel - Beijing

Hi dongboo, sorry can't help, nothing comes out even I searched under its Chinese name (Beijing Hua Qiao Da Xia), this hotel had been changing names since its opend in 1983, I guess they don't bother to build a website!

Don't be mistaken by its address, no. 2 Wangfujing, sounds very centrally located but Beijing is a big city, it is about 2 km walk from the Wangfujing main shopping street.

If all you want is staying at Wangfujing for less thanUS100 per night? Take a look at the Novotel Peace.

Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prime Hotel - Beijing

The website is worldhotels.com/peoples_republic_of_china/be…

the website name is very hard to find. I found it on a review on Virtual Tourist. The website works and offers the best prices that I have seen for the Prime Hotel. I haven't stayed there, so I cannot give you any further information.

DC
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Prime Hotel - Beijing

I just returned from a trip to Beijing and we stayed at the Prime Hotel, it was a great hotel that we really liked. It is about a 8 min walk from "the heart" of Wangfujing Rd., but close enough if you get a good deal and don't mind. Some of the people we met there said they got a room off Expedia, so you may also want to compare the prices. There is really not much a view from it, so I would go with the cheaper of the rooms. Our's was a standard with two double beds and it was very accomidating for three people.

As for getting there, we took a cab. I would recommend either finding a tour book with the chinese name in it for the hotel or finding a way to have it written down when you arrive. You will pounced on by people offering cabs...I WOULD NOT TAKE THESE...go to the cab stand and show them the paper or your tour book. That is the safest and easiest way.