We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My (more sensible) itinerary.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
159 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
My (more sensible) itinerary.

Day 1 - arrive

Day 2 - Summer Palace - full day then night performance opera

Day 3 - T-Square, Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven

Day 4 - Great Wall (Duck dinner)

day 5 - Hutong (am) flight to Xi'an (afternoon) Dumpling dinner

day 6 - cycle the walls, visit the museum, Tang Dynasty Show (pm)

day 7 - Warriors, goose pagoda (fountain show)

day 8 - Fly to Chengdu

Day 9 - See Pandas

Day 10 - Fly to Guilin

Day 11 - Cruise to Yangshuo

Day 12 - Bike around Yangshuo

Day 13 - Hot air balloon

Day 14 - free time in Yangshuo

Day 15 - fly to Shanghai

Day 16 - City tour of Shanghai (acrobatics show)

Day 17 - Visit Suzhou

Day 18 - Free day in Shanghai (to cover other spots missed on day 16)

Day 19 - Fly to HK for 6 nights.

Does that sounds reasonable?

Suggestions?

Thanks

Chris

Shanghai
Level Contributor
699 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: My (more sensible) itinerary.

As there is more to do in Shanghai and it is cheaper than HK, why would you be spending 6 nights in HK unless you have free accomodation.

Food, entertainment, accomodation and definitely the shopping is 30% more expensive than Shanghai.

Shanghai is as modern, borderline more modern than HK, I have guests who stay 5 nights in Shanghai and cannot fit in all there is to do, shoppers who stay 7 nights and do not even go to the "Cultural sights".

The theatre preformances in Shanghai are easy to buy tickets for and a short taxi ride.

The hotel in HK might look a reasonable price but when you see the size of the room, you will have half the space.

Beijing
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My (more sensible) itinerary.

Whats time will you arrive Beijing?If you have can get downtown before 3:30pm,Go to the Forbidden City,Tian`anmen Square for Day 1.if you spent weekend in Beijing,must to go Dirt Marekt at Panjiayuan.half day,Then Temple of Heaven.night performance opera.

Day 3 Great Wall at Badaling,Summer Palace.Peking Duck Dinner

Day 4 Lama Temple,Hutong Tour(if you like shopping,Silk Street,Hongqiao Pearl Market)

Day 5 Dazhalan Street and Liulichang Culture Street on the morning.then to airport at afternoon.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My (more sensible) itinerary.

I think this is doable, if it is what you want to do, but *I* wouldn't want to do it. Flying in and out of a city to spend one day and see one thing is not how I would want to spend my time and money.

Cutting time from Hong Kong and distributing it to other places would be one solution. You could also cut Shanghai and Suzhou.

4. Re: My (more sensible) itinerary.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, August 28, 2009