We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

shanghai
2 posts
Save Topic
Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

Does anyone know the best place to get a discount flight from Shanghai to Beijing.

Beijing
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

any fight tickets agency can give you a high discount if you book the intraday flight.at usually time is 60-70% discount.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

Even better than a discounted flight is the overnight Z train soft sleeper.

When are you travelling? PM me if you need to check discounted flight prices.

Lecce, Italy
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

I' m planning a trip from Beijing to Shanghai and found this topic...

I was just wondering whether going by train (soft sleeper) on my own (girl) is safe... I'm afraid not :-/ A trip by train during the day seems too long, though...

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
861 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

Hi abegail

We used China Southern and managed to book and pay online

http://ec.cs-air.com/B2C/modules/HQ/index.jsp

Shanghai- Beijing £38 each ( 60% discount) September 20th . E ticket so no paper ticket needed

Much prefer a 2 hour flight to overnight train ,plus had already booked (and paid for) hotels.

Figure its only a short flight so as long as we get from a to b dont mind

USA
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

Agree with crombiestone 100%. Why spend in a cramped train cabin when you can fly in a couple of hours. I'm not sure how much you would save using a train but if If price is a consideration, I personally would prefer flying to save time and sleep in a cheap hotel. I booked on the international site(not US or UK site) of AirChina for a better rate. I paid in RMB instead.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

A woman traveling alone on a train will be as safe as anything else. Lots of people do this.

I am one who prefers the train. The Beijing-Shanghai trains are nice, and I find it easier to leave and arrive from train stations downtown than travel out to the airport and back.

In the end, I don't think flying actually saves time, since you have to fly during the day while most of the train trip is spent sleeping. For Beijing-Shanghai, and evening flight is takes a comparable amount of waking hours to the train.

When you factor in the cost of a hotel and taxis, the train is also cheaper.

I also consider travel by train one of the highlights of travel in China--it's part of the experience. Train stations are pretty crowded and miserable, however.

Many people prefer flying, however, and I am sure there are some people who have trouble sleeping on trains. Also, money is less of a concern for some people.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

I've travelled alone in soft sleeper for the overnight trains Shanghai -- Beijing and they're definitely not unsafe. They're also the most efficient and economical means of travelling this route. Another of my friends (she's 19 this year) will also be making the journey solo in August, and she's not worried at all!

8. Re: Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 01, 2007
9. Re: Flight from Shanghai to Beijing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 06, 2009