We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Planning Advice (Beijing)

Melbourne, Australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Trip Planning Advice (Beijing)

Hi All,

My fiance and I are planning to visit China next month (2 Mar - 12 Mar) and we are hoping someone might be able to assist us with our planning. We will be visiting Shanghai, Xian and Beijing.

Can you please have a look at our plans for Shanghai and let me know what you think? We enjoy sightseeing, local history, food, and are hoping to get the most out of this trip. If there are places you would recommend we visit that I have left out, please let us know. Or if you think that we have not got enough time OR too much time in a specific location etc., please let us know.

Oh, if you could recommend any restaurants (for breakfast, lunch or dinner), please let us know (Just a personal preference and no offence meant - please do not recommend any place that serves anything other than beef, pork, poultry, fish, vegan). Also if you can recommend a hotel, it would be great! Looking for a 3.5-4.5 star hotel comfort level and price range.

Day Start End Duration Activity

Wed 1520 1650 1.5hrs Flight (Xian - Beijing)

1900 2000 1hr Check-in Hotel

2000 2200 2hrs Local Area Walk & Dinner

Thurs 700 1030 3.5hrs Tiananmen Square (1)

1030 1700 6.5hrs Forbidden City (2)

1715 1830 1.25hrs Temple of Heaven

Fri Great Wall (Not sure where to go yet)

Ming Tombs

Sat Lama Temple

Shopping @ Liulichang

Ming City Wall

Summer Palace

Sun ***No Plans Yet***

We would also like to see the following places. Do you think there is enough time on the Sunday or can we fit some in on other days? If we can't fit them all in, can you recommend which ones are MUST SEES?

Ancient Observatory

Underground city

Natural History Museum

Beihai Park

Hutongs

DongYue Temple

White Cloud Temple

Your assistance in this is greatly appreciated! :-)

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip Planning Advice (Beijing)

Yup, close to a full day if not a full day.

12. Re: Trip Planning Advice (Beijing)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:32 am, August 26, 2009