We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sinotours

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Sinotours

Just a note to say how good a tour we have just had with Sinotours. It's a different way of booking a holiday and an awful lot of trust is put into their hands. You wire through a deposit or two depending on the tour you require and then pay the balance on arrival. Now a lot of people won't go about booking a holiday in this manner but it worked well for us. Sinotour were professional all the way through, great tour guides who spoke very good English and gret knowledge of the areas we were in. They were prompt in collecting us from train stations and airports and delivering us back in good time to meet connections. The hotels that they chose for us were of a good standard and all meals were in good class restaurants, I have no complaints or issues with Sinotours and they are considerably cheaper than the likes of Wendy Wu. You just have to trust them and the way they work and it does, they showed us what a fantastic country they have and will certainly recommend them to anyone.

31 replies to this topic
sydney
Level Contributor
142 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sinotours

Hi Steven W,

Thanks for your reassuring review of SinoTours. I have also booked with them for a 12 day tour of China with exactly the same booking process you outlined in your review. It's a fantastic service they offer and can't wait to experience it for myself. I agree they were considerably cheaper than the likes of well known Tour companies such as Wendy Wu etc even when I was organsing quotes.

We leave Sydney mid-May'14 so not long to go now.

Cheers,

Rabaul63

Mentioned in this post
Aussie on Holiday
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sinotours

Hi Rabaul63,

I just had a looked at Sinotour.com.cn, it doesn't say inclusion / exclusion. Are the prices include all hotel & flights / train tickets.

I am looking at going to China in Oct with kids.

thx

Mentioned in this post
sydney
Level Contributor
142 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sinotours

Hi CaptnToby,

Yes that is the correct website. They do have some set package tour programmes on their website and right at the end of the section where the costings are, they will generally advise what is Included in the Tour Price and what is Excluded.

I chose to do a "Join In" tour and basically tailored my own destinations to include High Speed Train Tickets and domestic flights in addition to the Tour & Hotel Accom. I already organised my own International flights from SYD/SHA return so chose to do a "Land Only" arrangement with SinoTours.

I found them to be quite good with communications and they're replies to my numerous queries/itinerary changes within 24hours of emailing them. I was literally the customer from hell and they still stuck with me with all my many itinerary changes. I was actually referred to them by a colleague from my workplace who had toured with them 2yrs ago and can vouch for their business. That's the only reason I booked as I knew they had been tried and tested by someone I trusted.

Give them a go with your itinerary as you've got nothing to lose !

Aussie on Holiday
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sinotours

Thanks for your reply ... good to know it is from trusted source ;).

Aussie on Holiday
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sinotours

One more question - do you know if Sinotour take you to "cultural / factory" shopping each day? thx

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sinotours

They will do exactly what is on the itinerary, if it mentions factory tour then that's what you will get. However that's not such a problem one every once in awhile is ok. The important thing to remember is no one else does the itinerary you want cheaper. You organise your own flights to China and they literally take care of everything else. They can be trusted and the guides are excellent, it's a great country and you will enjoy it.

Mentioned in this post
Aussie on Holiday
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sinotours

Thanks Steven.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sinotours

Hi Steven which tour did you do we are looking at the 15 days tour was going to book with Mercury but thid is cheaper. How much were your additional costs, evening meals etc, many thanks Helen

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sinotours

Hi Helen, we told Sinotours exactly what we wanted to see and do and they put it together for us, you don't have to do just the tours they recommend. The meals they say they will provide are of a good quality when out and about but hotel breakfasts are basically just what the hotel gives you, some are good others are not so good but there is generally something there for everyone you won't go hungry. Typically we only had to pay for evening meals and they are priced differently all around the country but even in the largest cities they are much cheaper than the UK, all entrance fees are included and you are collected and dropped off at your hotel when the day trips are done or to the port of departure when moving on. I really can't fault them, we tipped the driver £3 and day and the guide about £4 each a day and they were very pleased with that, in some cases it's an insult to tip and they won't take it, of course that's out of the cities in the interior. Enjoy and trust them they were very good with us, once you have handed your money over it is all about trust, unusual I know but that's the way they work and it does work, good luck Li river cruise was my favourite.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sinotours

Thank you

Reply to: Sinotours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted