We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need info on Chinese airlines

Nebraska
Level Contributor
97 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Need info on Chinese airlines

In our upcoming China trip, we have some in-country flights. I have checked on the size & weight allowed for both checked & carry-on baggage. I have a couple additional questions that I am looking for answers for from Forum readers.

1) From the way the baggage restrictions read, since we are flying economy it appears I am not allowed to carry-on a personal item (such as a purse) in addition to my carry-on bag. Is that correct?

2) I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Chinese airlines required that checked baggage be locked. Is that true?

Any other tips on flying the Chinese airlines will be greatly appreciated!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
43,829 posts
825 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need info on Chinese airlines

1) Nobody cares too much about carry-on so do as you wish.

2) Not true. I never locked mine and few people do. Neither do I on international flights either; waste of time and money unless ou have a Pacsafe suitcase.

2. Re: Need info on Chinese airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 12, 2015