We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Holiday Advice Please!

ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
China Holiday Advice Please!

My hubbie and I are thinking of going to China.

The plan is to save now and go 2 weeks in April 2015 or 2 1/2 weeks July 2015. I have looked a bit on cnto.org

We don't know anyone who has gone and our broad outline of an itinery is below based on what we have read and are interested in. Any advice please would be appreciated....

1. Fly to Bejing- 2 nights on Beijing...the sights

2. Fly or train to Xi'an- 2 or 3 nights....terracotta army

3. Fly or train to Chengdu, 2 nights- pandas

4. Fly to Lhasa- Tibet 5-6 days. Unsure of visas into Tibet. Think we must join tour to get into Tibet, know it is tough to get in. Hubbie wants to see monasteries/Base Camp Everest.

When is the best time to go? for these areas... April or July?

Flights or trains between destinations?

Are we giving too much time in any one area or not enough?

Any other areas/sights you would recommend? We are interested in Buddhist/History culture

Who would you recommend fly with?

Should we book direct with a tour group?

How much money should we aim to bring with us?

Any advice please, Cheers!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,751 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China Holiday Advice Please!

So essentially you only have one day in Beijing. That does not make too much sense. Four or five days is best; three days is the bare minimum if you rush it. I think that you have one city too many.

For Tibet, you need a spacial permit and need to join a tour.

Flights or trains are both ok, depends on your travel style. Al airlines are similar, your pick the flight that is cheap and works with your schedule.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
5,000 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: China Holiday Advice Please!

Yes, you'd definitely need to drop one city in this limited time frame.

3. Re: China Holiday Advice Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 29, 2015