We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

Hi all,

Do I need confirmed reservation at hotels and flights to fill

visa application form for China?

Thanks for your help.

dipak

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,349 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

Usually not but check with the local Chinese embassy.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

At present things are quite strict: usually if you apply from either your home country or the country where you can show you are legally resident this is not necessary. But if you apply from somewhere you have entered as a tourist (like Hong Kong), then you definitely require confirmed hotel reservations or a formal company invitation just now.

Let's hope it loosens up a bit after the University Games have finished next month!

Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

Thanks - JPDem and Oiassn for your reply.

dipak

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

Dipak, greetings from 75 miles to the east. I am in NYC. I used the chinese consulate at NYC,. I got my visa last June and did a lot of reading and asking. I never found any article that said you must give your itinerary and plane tickets in. But a few opinions (and I PM some people on TA) said it is best to have them ready. I printed out all my accomodation reservations, my email air ticket confirmation and had my main hostel in beijing send me a guarantee (for lack of a better word) letter. I gave it to the vice consul who looked at every page. Then she asked me something that I did not bring.

She asked for the birth certificate of my children! I said I did not have it as my children were born in the US and is noted in their passports. She accepted my explanation.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,349 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

Just to be clear BWW, you volunteered the info but you were not asked for it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

It really depends on the country you are applying from. Some Chinese Consulates are not as strict as others.

Perhaps it is better to be safe than sorry.

At least take them along with you.

If al;so you were meeting friends there they could give you a letter of invitation, that always helps as well.

Remember 1st week october busy busy! National holiday.

Crowds everywhere.

kind regards

Albon

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

it is true that I volunteered the information.Never said that it was required. Have it available rather than have them ask me . preemptive strike ./ And as I stated in my post:

" I never found any article that said you must give your itinerary and plane tickets in. But a few opinions (and I PM some people on TA) said it is best to have them ready. "

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,349 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

I had several visas over the year and not once had I booked my hotels ahead of time. I did not even have a flight. but every embassy is different, so it is best to check their requirements. It is extremely rare for a visa not to be granted.

9. Re: Visa application - do i need confirmed reservation @ hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 09, 2012