We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best shopping city in China

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best shopping city in China

Hello All,

Firstly, I apologise for such a shallow posting but we are 4 women aged 21-45 that would like to travel to China on a shopping trip for 1 week early next year (either March/April/May). Between us we have lots of children and a couple of grandchildren, therefore, we cannot afford the more upmarket shopping in China and would prefer to find good quality items at a good price, please let me stress we are happy to pay for the quality but want to do lots of shopping so hoping the dollar goes along way.

I am trying to be specific a possible in regards to our situation as I feel its not worth doing the research on a particular area then it ending up we go somewhere else.

I know there is lots of shopping advice on the forums and I have looked at many posts. At this point in time I just need to find the right city for us and then do the research.

I have had so much conflicting advice so if anyone can help me out that would be great.

Also, if we go to Beijing in any of those months will the prices have already gone up? (due the coming Olympics)

Sunny Tours Shanghai
City Tours, Shopping Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours, Day Trips
Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour
Private Tours, Shopping Tours, Cultural Tours
Bee's Diamonds
Gift & Specialty Shops, Lessons & Workshops, Shopping Malls
Taylor-Made Hangzhou Wuzhen Private Tours
Day Trips, Shopping Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Factory Tours
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best shopping city in China

The correct answer is Guangzhou, but try to go before the annual spring trade fair in April.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best shopping city in China

Thank you Confucius. That's were I'll start looking.

3. Re: Best shopping city in China

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 01, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question