We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
297 reviews
172 helpful votes
Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

Weekend newspapers have featured some excellent looking itineraries at very low prices from Inspiring Vacations. Established in 2017. Anyone have experience with them? We are considering a 21 day tour, with a price of $3,000 per person. Would like to hear from anyone who has travelled with them.

Thank you.

134 replies to this topic
Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
715 reviews
232 helpful votes
1. Re: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

I would also be interested. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

And me too.

1 post
3. Re: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

I too was very interested in the 21 day China Odyssey package for $3,000. However after looking at the company's website it is apparent they are NOT an accredited travel agent. I also searched the AFTA (Australian Federation of Travel Agents) and Inspiring Vacations is not listed with them as being accredited.

Also when reading the fine print on the package as to what is included for the price, there is no mention of train fares. So perhaps this could be yet another extra cost.

Inspiring Vacations website offers many glowing, positive reviews but I can't find any independent reviews elsewhere on the web. Keep in mind that the company is giving a small donation to charity for each review that is posted to their own website.

I think this is very much a Buyer Beware situation and I am no longer interested, as I would never book with a travel company that has no accreditation

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

Thank you for all that work! Well worth posting my question. Think I'll just cough up the extea for a company I know is legit. Much less stress. ✔

1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

I too was interested in this package and had a chat on line with someone from the company. When I asked if train fares were included, he said yes. But then I pointed out that they were not mentioned in Inclusions in the advertisement to which he offered his apologies. Upon hearing this, I smelled a rat and would definitely not pay money upfront. Best to stick to an accredited travel agent.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
297 reviews
172 helpful votes
6. Re: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

Thanks. Appreciate all the feedback and information. Still interested in China, and this itinerary looked really good. Will keep looking and asking for recommendations. Thank you all.

Lake Bolac
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
14 helpful votes
7. Re: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

Also hotels as described as 4* are variously described on other sites as either3* or 4*.... Rang about train fares.Was advised train tickets are included in the price.The company does not appear to be accredited as a travel agent ....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
29 helpful votes
8. Re: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

As an aside to this, does anyone know of a travel insurance company that would cover you for trips booked with Inspiring Vacations if you were to book with them? Considering that they are not accredited.

Greater Melbourne...
Level Contributor
976 posts
176 reviews
82 helpful votes
9. Re: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

There are a lot of these suspiciously low priced China tours being advertised in Australia at the moment. Apparently, the very low cost is because they are sponsored by Chinese commercial firms, so you spend some time each day visiting the sponsor's shops, where you get the very hard sell. They also seems to put you is hotels that are well out of the centre of cities, so you can't go off sightseeing on your own. So buyer beware!

Clarence, Australia
1 post
10. Re: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers

We booked a holiday yesterday, this forum has me a bit worried, should I be???

Reply to: Inspiring Vacations(Australia)-- China offers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted