We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari - book Salt Lick Lodge and pay for game drives?

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Safari - book Salt Lick Lodge and pay for game drives?

Hello

We are hoping to do a one or two night safari near Mombasa. The tour operators seem quite expensive so we thought we would book the Lodge ourselves. A friend can drive us to the lodge but we would have to pay for game drives at the hotel.

Does anyone know if that is really expensive?

Thank you!

WALLSEND
Level Contributor
375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari - book Salt Lick Lodge and pay for game drives?

I would email the lodge and ask. Dont forget you will also have to pay park fees. I have been dealing directly with Fig Tree on the Masai Mara and they were very fair on there prices, so I would try them.

Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
607 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari - book Salt Lick Lodge and pay for game drives?

You can also ask the lodge if they have any ready made packages from Mombasa that would include transport and game drives. Alternatively ask them if their rate includes game drives and if not, what is the additional cost. Your friend will have to pay his/her park fees and fees for the car to get you to the lodge, also from Mombasa it is not very close, around 4-5 hours drive. Will your friend be willing to come and pick you up at the end of the safari too? Possibly you have not planned it too well unless a friend is staying at the lodge as well.

I would start with contacting the lodge first, their feedback will show you what to do next.

Have a good trip to Kenya!

Larissa

Tijara Beach Hotel

3. Re: Safari - book Salt Lick Lodge and pay for game drives?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa