We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa for mombasa

Newcastle, United...
1 post
Save Topic
visa for mombasa

I am going on holiday in March 2013 to kenya. i am getting conflicting information about getting a visa. do i have to apply to the Kenya embassy in London,or can i download the form and take it with me ? how much is it in and out of Kenya? Thanks

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa for mombasa

You can get a visa on arrival. Have a look at the Top Questions at tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294206-i9216-Keny…

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,882 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa for mombasa

Looks like that FAQ needs updating, it quotes the old prices and the link has the wrong url address

yes you can get it on arrival and it saves some time and hassle to download it and complete it in advance. It costs £30.

If you are flying with Thomson you will also have to pay departure tax (everybody else includes it in the price of the plane ticket) which is $40 per person you can also pay in pounds or Kenyan shillings, these vary with the exchange rates but at the moment it should be around £25 or 3,500/-

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,882 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa for mombasa

I've amended the FAQ, here's the revised version

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294206-c188605/Ken…

4. Re: visa for mombasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa