We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

Which Mombasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

AM going to Kenya for the first time next year.

Can you recommend good travel agent ? Currently, I found Visit africa, Odyssey, Somake,...from here

My draft plan is

- Mt. Kenya NP ( as flight arrived in NBO airport at 14:00, cannot make it to Samburu or shall I stay in city and go directly to Samburu next day ? )

- Samburu ( best one to see CHEETAH ?? considering it is located far northe. and time is limited...)

- Lake Nakuru (for Flamigo)

- Maasi Masa ( 3 nights)

- Lake LAKE NAIVASHA (not sure shall skip this one or not; for hippo)

- NBO, flight at 13:30.

thanks a lots.

Sam

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
384 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

i have pm you and if will need more advice feel free to ask.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,328 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

Jonesj,

The point of the forum is to provide information for all not to communicate via Private Messages, you seem to have started sending PMs instead of posting, I hope you are not soliciting business, that is just as against the rules as soliciting on the forums.

If you have relevant advice please post it on the forum, so others can benefit from it or comment on it

manchester
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

We use Freddysafaris.com for our safaris. They are very flexible with prices as well as making tailor-made safaris to suit your needs. We used them in july 2007 and did a 3 days tsavo east and west which was fantastic and this month on 12th - 16th 5 day tsavo east, west, amboseli and taita and this was just another mind blowing safari...we can recommend this company to anyone.

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

We have just returned from a week's trip to Kenya which was fantastic. If you are looking for a reasonably priced tour operator, try George at Steenbok Safaris. He is a local operator and was really great. Answered all my questions very patiently and the trip was fantastic. Our driver Daniel, was so pleasant and knowledgeable and a great driver. Everything ran very smoothly.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

Can someone give me some suggestion regarding the route ?

As I do not want to spend a night in Nairobi. But with 13.30 flight, it is not possible to make it from Nairobi to Samburu and Masa to Nairobi.

Alternative, shall I go straight to Mt. Kenya NP or ABERDARES Park and stay there for a night. move over to Samburu the next day in the morning ?

I mean, if I have to spend a night in these 2 place of choices, which one is better ?

Thanks

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

Of the two places, Mt. Kenya will be the best option since you will arrive late in the evening and no time for game drives. A stay at the Serena Mountain lodge will let you have opportunities to view wildlife from the comfort of your room/balcony at night, probably the only opportunity to see wildlife in that area.

Your routing is okay but a stay at Lake Naivasha is necessary considering the time of your flight. The drive from Maasai mara is about 5 to 6 hours and the earliest flight to Nairobi arrives around noon at the Wilson airport, you will still require a transfer. In my own experience, include Lake Naivasha in your itinerary, there is plenty to see and do.

I did a similar itinerary over 7 days with only discrepancy being Meru National park in lieu of the Samburu reserve.

The tour operator we used was Plan Safari Ltd, they were exceptionally great in everything. Would highly recommend them to you.

R. Hunt

7. Re: Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:54 am, January 15, 2013
8. Re: Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, December 16, 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

Nice itinerary. You seem to know exactly what you're looking for.

There are not many flamingos in Nakuru, but you will see other wildlife, particularly the rhino. As for Naivasha, i think it's worth spending o/n before proceeding to the Mara. You can also go to Crescent Island when taking a boat ride to see the hippos.

The Mara is apprx. 5 hr drive from Naivasha on some pretty rough roads.

Good Luck. Enjoy your holiday.

10. Re: Kenya Safari travel agent and plan suggestions

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 am, November 28, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Mombasa