We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM machines?

Melksham, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
ATM machines?

Does anyone know if there are ATM machines near the Voyager hotel? I'm planning on taking some shillings and then using cashpoints but am a bit worried. If I have to take travellers cheques, should I take Euros, Dollars or Sterling?

Also, how much spending money are we likely to need on a 3 night safari (for drinks etc). We are a family of 4.

wirral
Level Contributor
299 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM machines?

there is a ATM barcleys bank just by the travelers hotel which is just down from were you are stayind you will get charged £1.50 every time you use the machine that was from dec 05 there is also one at the super market which is 2 miles down the road from your hotel we always take sterling travellers cheques with us but remember to take your reciept for the cheques with you when you go to the bank as they will not cash them for you unless you have them you will get a better rate at the bank than at the hotel

if you are going on safari you will most likley visit a massi village on the way back and we got charged 1000 shillings each

Melksham, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM machines?

Thanks for the info. Are we safe to walk to the ATM at the Travellers'? Last time we went to Kenya (1991!) we stayed at the Intercontinental and I seem to remember being told it wasn't safe to leave the hotel on foot. What do you think?

wirral
Level Contributor
299 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM machines?

yes it is no problem to walk it is safe we walk every were we have been going to kenya for the last 10 years and we have had no problems just dont go out at night unless you take a taxi but during the day it is safe if you need anymore info just let me know and i will try to help

have a great holiday

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa