We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidaying In May / June 2006

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Holidaying In May / June 2006

Hi All

My partner and I are off to Kenya on 28th May this year for 16 nights. Anyone else out there travelling from Manchester or Heathrow on this date?

Ian

East Anglia
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidaying In May / June 2006

Hi Ian

My partner and i will hopefully be going back to Kenya in June. My last trip to Kenya was absolutely fantastic hence, why im gonig back. Where you staying?

Nick

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidaying In May / June 2006

We are travelling on the 28th of May from Manchester to Heathrow, arriving in Niarobi on the 29th May and then flying onto Mombasa. We are going on the 6 night Dik Dik Safari arranged through Hayes and Jarvis and then we are staying at the Voyager Beach Hotel in Mombasa. We leave for home on 14th June.

Ian

East Anglia
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidaying In May / June 2006

Wow - 16 nights including 6 safari that will be awesome. The wait at Niarobi airport is a chore but once your in mombassa and on safari its a different world.

I just cant wait to get back

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidaying In May / June 2006

Don't know if I am being nieve but the times between the flight into Niarobi and out again to Mombasa is only and hour and a quarter so should not be too bad.

Have you booked to go yet?

Ian

East Anglia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holidaying In May / June 2006

Our wait was a bit longer i think and it didnt half drag. Havent booked yet, currently checking out options!

Where is the Dik Dik safari?

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holidaying In May / June 2006

The Dik Dik safari takes in Tsavo east and west and Amboseli and is booked through Hayes and Jarvis who use Rhino Safari's. I have been to both Tsavo parks before and Shimba Hills.

I cant wait to go. Should not wish my life away but it cant come soon enough, I love Kenya, especially the safari.

Ian

East Anglia
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holidaying In May / June 2006

Excellent - i too have been to both Tsavo parks including mzima springs - absolutely incredible!

i stayed at Voi, Kilanguni and Ngulia lodges. They were great

Do you do any other excursions you could recommend?

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holidaying In May / June 2006

We stayed at Voi, Ngulia Lodge and Shimba Hills. Enjoyed them all. Also went to Mzimba Springs.

I have also scuba dived in Kenya and went on a Dhow boat and saw the dolphins.

We stayed in Malindi and went to a soap stone market and a wood carving co-operative in Malindi.

Ian

East Anglia
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Holidaying In May / June 2006

The Dhow sounds interesting...my friend and i went big game fishing which was good and also visited a wood carving shop/factory.

Im hoping to visit the mara this time around. Mzima springs was excellent especially when we almost walked past a crocodile which was basking out of the water

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holidaying In May / June 2006

I wanted to go the the Mara but at the time of booking there were no places left and I was so desperate to go on holiday I just booked it. At least that leaves somewhere else for me to visit another time!!!!

The Dhow was gr8 because we went out and saw 10's of dolphins and went back to where we sailed and had an excellent meal where there were so many different types of meats to try including croc. Not too good if there is a veggie amoungst you though becuase all they did was bring more potatoes out.

Ian

Get answers to your questions about Mombasa